This issue is dedicated to FAT-LOSS and a little something you should know about supplements. Do you know anyone who takes fish oil, calcium or wants to take a pre-natal someday? If you do, then you may be interested in this…
CLA for Fat Loss
CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) is a good fat. Actually, it’s a trans-fat, not the man-made trans-fats used in restaurants, but a very healthy fat found in certain animals. CLA has been researched extensively and some of the benefits include:
Decreases abdominal fat
Increases metabolic rate – This is critical to burning fat and staying strong and healthy.
Enhances muscle growth – Muscle burns fat, which also contributes to increased metabolism, which is useful in looking and feeling your best!
Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides
Lowers insulin resistance – helps prevent diabetes and makes it much easier to control your weight.
Reduces food-induced allergic reactions – Food allergies cause weight-gain, fatigue, acne and poor health
Enhances immune system
CLA is found naturally in beef, buffalo, bison, lamb and raw dairy products from grass-fed, organically raised animals. It is critical to understand the difference between grass-fed, organic animals and commercially-raised, factory farmed animals:
Animals that roam free to exercise are not only stronger, healthier and leaner, but are also free from growth hormones, antibiotics and pesticides.
Grass-fed milk contains 5 times more CLA than grain-fed milk.
The toxins in factory-farmed animals will not only make you fat, they will make you sick! Remember – YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!
To find out where to get grass-fed meats in your area, go to www.eatwild.com
Top 10 (or so) Fat Loss Tips
$30 billion dollars is spent each year on weight-loss. Unfortunately, the majority of those big spenders are losing their money, not their weight. Here are 10 free tips that work better than anything you can purchase.
First things first –
1. You cannot lose weight to improve your health – you must improve your health in order to lose weight.
2. More of the same = more of the same. If what you are doing is not working, stop doing it and hire an expert.
3. On a similar note, it does not matter what celebrities or your co-workers are doing. Each person is unique and there are proven methods for finding which methods work best for you. Look at the previous posts for Paul Chek’s book or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn exactly what to eat, when to eat and how much to eat and to create an exercise program to meet your needs.
4. Eat 4-6 times each day no matter what! Do not skip meals and do not get hungry!
5. Eat according to your metabolic type.
6. Eat organic whenever possible.
7. Every meal / snack should have protein, carb and fat.
8. The best time to eat a carb that’s not a fruit or a vegetable (i.e. rice, potatoes, quinoa, millet, etc)is immediately following exercise.
9. Eat whole foods – not protein shakes, bars or other man-made processed foods.
10. Eat fat to lose fat – There are 3 types of fat – saturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated – we need all 3.
Saturated fat from organic, free-range animals and you can use butter or coconut oil for cooking.
Monounsaturated fat from mixed nuts, avocado and olive oil.
Polyunsaturated fat should from fish oil, eggs, flaxseed oil and walnuts.
11. Separate cardio and strength training days. Hire an expert coach for appropriate types of strength training and minimize or eliminate cardio for best results.
12. Drink nothing but water – half your body-weight in ounces per day.
13. If you are addicted to coffee (as most New Yorkers are) and you think you can improve your health and lose weight – you are delusional and need to grow up.
Switch from coffee to green tea if you want results. Becoming free from addictions is not easy and requires a strong vision for your health / life, comittment to making your vision a reality, support, the right diet, the right exercise plan and the right mindset. Make a plan and hire a coach.
Do you take a multi-vitamin, vitamin C, fish oil or folic-acid? Did you know you are about to lose your right to purchase supplements?
The FDA and pharmaceutical manufacturers want a piece of the $30 billion dollar a year industry and your right to purchase supplements are 5 days away from being taken away. It’s true. Congress is about to pass a law that takes away your right to purchase supplements. It’s already happened in parts of Europe and it’s quietly happening here. To protect your right to take responsibility of your health, please visit these sites: