I was vegetarian for 18 years, then paleo (and gluten free) for a decade. Although I have no regrets, in recent years I abandoned almost all ‘healthy eating’ ideas because the vast majority of them are either totally unnecessary or completely ridiculous. Moderation and balance actually work – they work really well. Two problems arise with this concept – no one is teaching how to do it properly and the diet & fitness industry hate the idea of moderation. If you are overweight, they hate you too.
I am from Miami, but moved to New York City in the early 1990’s and became a Certified Personal Trainer and a Licensed Massage Therapist. For two decades I’ve primarily worked as a personal trainer and a holistic health coach. I’ve specialized in pregnancy fitness and restorative (therapeutic) exercise helping people recover from stress, injuries and chronic pain.
I’ve worked in the best fitness studios, health clubs and in clinics working with musculoskeletal trauma, orthopedic conditions and sports injuries. I’ve worked with people going through diseases including cancer and cardiovascular disease.
My restorative fitness and massage therapy has helped people with chronic pain, low back pain, disc issues, scoliosis, sciatica/piriformis syndrome, TMJ, frozen shoulder, arthritis, MS, CFS, sports injuries (ITB syndrome), overuse injuries (plantar fasciitis) and prosthesis.
I am not part of any group, organization, team, school, system or method. I am predominantly self-educated, but here is a list of a few certifications I’ve accrued over the last two decades:
CHEK Practitioner (CHEK Institute)
Certified Personal Trainer (NASM)
Certified Health & Fitness Instructor (ACSM)
Certified Personal Trainer (ACE)
Rehab Conditioning Specialist (AAHFP)
Licensed Massage Therapist (Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences)
The images above are some of my clients, there are no stock photos on my blog. Personal trainers, you need to stop stealing the images and using them on your website. Thanks.
Restorative Fitness – this is a stress reducing, restorative program, ideal for people in chronic pain, post-rehab, recovery from surgery/illness. It is a total body approach to wellness (stress management) integrating therapeutic exercise, yoga, stretching and specialized breathing techniques. The goal is to reduce pain, restore energy & move better.
BURN Cross Training – Antonio’s signature group fitness and small group coaching program (featured in Sports Illustrated) at the best health clubs in NYC.
- Burn Sports – founded in 2001, a boutique personal training firm in Manhattan specializing in personal training, pregnancy and restorative fitness.
- Restorative Health – a stress management/restorative program for people recovering from a history of chronic dieting, ED, substance abuse, PTSD.
- Evil Sugar Radio – health/fitness podcast focusing on food, nutrition, fitness and stress. Interviews feature leading experts in movement coaching, strength, conditioning, personal training, nutrition and stress.
- UrbanAntonio.com (formerly HealthyUrbanKitchen.com/blog) online solutions for health, nutrition and stress. The blog also explores relevant psycho-social, cultural and political aspects of human health and well-being.
- HealthyUrbanKitchen.com is a simple online guide to health, weight loss and improved metabolism for busy people.
Coaching, Consulting, Workshops, Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org